- Uses personal approach to each gymnast – The best gymnastics coaches understand individual differences in their athletes and take their time to get know them better in order to understand how to treat each gymnast to reveal his maximum potential.
- Gets gymnasts believe in themselves – By building self-esteem rather than undermining it, good gymnastics coaches inspire their gymnasts to do more than they think they can.
- Never uses humiliation as a teaching tool – A good gymnastics coach is convinced that there is nothing educational about humiliating an athlete for mistakes as it undermines an athlete’s self-esteem and creates performance problems.
- Takes a proactive role with gymnast’s parents – By making it a regular practice to communicate with the parents of gymnasts a good gymnastics coach gets them working with him to prevent problems and crises.
- Acts as a life teacher – A good gymnastics coach uses the opportunities to teach young gymnasts life lessons that go beyond the sport, including working hard to achieve results, handling with winning and loosing, supporting your teammates and etc.
- Does not associate his personality with his gymnast’s success or failure – Good gymnastics coaches understand that coaching is only one, although important, aspect of their lives, and do not feel diminished as an individual when their athletes fail or make mistakes.
Share the joy