1. Indicate the purpose of putting your child into a gymnastics class.The first step is very important, because it determines the next steps. Your needs vary significantly depending on such things as:
- Is your child just starting out?
- Or she is already a professional athlete?
- Is your main goal to built your child’s strength, balance and flexibility, confidence and self-esteem?
- Or you think that your child is able to go far and become a professional athlete?
2. Make a list of all rhythmic gymnastics schools in Miami within your reach, to choose from.Now, when you know your primary goal, it’ll be much easier to find the best rhythmic gymnastics school for your child. If your main purpose is fun, choose from the most conveniently located rhythmic gymnastics schools in your area, with bright, colorful interior and various programs. In case your child will someday realize she does not want to do rhythmic gymnastics anymore, she’ll be able to try some other sports in familiar environment. If your primary goal is raising a competitive gymnast, or if your daughter is already a highly skilled athlete, your second step is to choose the best rhythmic gymnastics school in Miami, you can afford. To identify the top gymnastics schools in Miami, follow these three steps: Find out how they are performing at regional and national gymnastics events. You can easily do that by analyzing competitions results for several past years, which are usually easy to find on the Web, as they are published by USA Gymnastics after each event on their Website and then are being copied to other resources. Check out the Rhythmic Gymnastics National Teams for the current year. If you manage to find one of your local rhythmic gymnastics school athlete’s name there, it means you are very lucky, because this means you have one of the elite rhythmic gymnastics schools in the USA nearby. Check the sports background of gymnastics coaches in selected schools. The top performing rhythmic gymnastics schools tend to recruit elite gymnastics coaches, who are recognized throughout the world. By the way, rhythmic gymnastics is traditionally a Russian sports and therefore the best rhythmic gymnastic coaches in the USA speak the Russian language. Miami has one of the largest Russian communities in the United States, and the best rhythmic gymnastic coaches from Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, and Bulgaria move here to bring up the sports of Rhythmic Gymnastics in Miami.
3. Bring your child to a trial class to ALL selected schools.Yes, right, to all rhythmic gymnastics schools that you've indicated as possibly suitable. No matter how perfect a rhythmic gymnastics school is, nothing works, if your child doesn’t like the atmosphere, or a coach. You determine a range of gymnastics schools, you can afford, but your child should make the final decision. It’s your child, who is going to work out really hard for many hours at that gym. No matter how young she is – even small kids can choose intuitively. My own daughter has chosen here first “perfect” gymnastics coach when she was only 4 years old. Since then she used to attend several rhythmic gymnastics schools in Russia and in Miami, and unfortunately not all the times we could afford her to select locations. Now we know for sure that each time, she doesn’t like the coach, her results are far from perfect, despite she is a very hardworking gymnast. Most of rhythmic gymnastics schools in Miami area encourage walk-in visits and allow you to schedule a trial class. In the meantime, while your child is taking her first gymnastics class in a new school, make sure that the program is presented in an age-appropriate manner and the gym is clean and take your time to ask the staff the following questions:
- Is their gymnastics school a USA gymnastics member club?
- Are their coaches certified members of USA Gymnastics?
- What are their student to coach ratios?
- Do they have all necessary equipment for gymnastics?
- How the interaction between the school management and parents is carried out? (newsletters, website, etc.).
- What is drop off and pick up policy?
Share the joy